SOUTH AFRICAN UNDERGROUND COAL GASIFICATION ASSOCIATION (SAUCGA)
BACKGROUND AND MOTIVATION
An interim executive committee of interested parties, assisted by the Fossil Fuel Foundation, is preparing for the formation of an association with the purpose of promoting the development of underground coal gasification in Southern Africa in the most appropriate, sustainable and environmentally sound manner whilst recognizing the proprietary interests of participating bodies.
Proposed to be known as the SA Underground Coal Gasification Association (SAUCGA), the objectives for this association, would be, inter alia:
- To create a recognized, co-ordinated point of engagement with stakeholders.
- To advise, develop, enable, support and guide appropriate policy and regulations.
- To establish a balanced position in the case of UCG in SA, including positive and negative aspects, impacts and opportunities.
- To provide an inclusive, balanced and credible advisory function on UCG using a panel of experts.
- To create academic research focal points
- To develop skills relevant to UCG
- To consider a series of steps leading to a SA UCG Roadmap
Contact details for further information:
- Mrs Cheryl Bosch,
- Administrative Manager, Fossil Fuel Foundation
Tel: Tel: +27 (0)11 486 9447 – Email: email@example.com
- Mrs Margaret Blair,
- UCG Administrator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org